This session is available as an online webinar (90-minute webinar) or on-site session at your organization. Please contact us to request scheduling.
Who should attend
This workshop is designed for professionals who want to increase their knowledge of Google Analytics. Google Analytics allows you to monitor and analyze the performance of your websites, apps, and advertising campaigns. After the class, participants can expect to have a confident understanding of how to set up tracking for a website, and how to view and create custom reports based on user-assigned parameters.
Here are some of the key topics and techniques that are covered
- Fundamentals of Web Analytics: A brief tutorial of the importance of web analytics and how Google Analytics works.
- Account Overview: Exploring best practices for setting up an account that will track performance accurately.
- Subdomains and Top Level Domains: Understanding the differences between these domain types and how to customize your account to track each.
- Add Tracking Code: How to quickly and easily add tracking code to a website or blog.
- Standard Reporting: Navigating the standard user interface and understanding the purpose of these reports.
- Customizing Reports: Setting up custom reports to segment users and slice data.
- Data Exports: Sharing reports in different formats with exporting tools.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Create an account and install Google Analytics code on your site.
- View and analyze the performance of your website in the Google Analytics Dashboard.
- Segment users by date, demographics, behavior, technology, and other criteria to help you understand visitors and site performance.
- Filter and export standard and custom reports to a variety of formats.
- Confidently recommend content changes to colleagues and superiors based on a greater understanding of trends and data analysis