This session is available as an online webinar (90-minute webinar) or on-site session at your organization. Please contact us to request scheduling.
Who should attend
This workshop is for professionals who want to take advantage of Google Sites to create intranets, wikis, project management portals, and other simple web pages. The course will explore best practices for organizing, managing, and editing content and how to take advantage of Google gadget plug-ins to display dynamic information on pages. Participants will also leave the course understanding how to publish pages and control visibility to ensure that the right people have access to the site.
Here are some of the key topics and techniques that are covered
- Intro to Google Sites: Creating, formatting and customizing a site using themes, backgrounds, and colors.
- Page Templates: Understanding the types of standard and mobile page templates available in Google Sites and how to organize content in accordance with usability best practices.
- Navigation and Sitemaps: Building navigation menus to help users find content quickly.
- Uploading and Embedding Files: Learning the best ways to upload files of all types and embedding content from Google Apps and Google Gadgets.
- Collaboration and Sharing: Setting permission settings to designate owners, collaborators, and viewers.
- Google Search: Utilizing Google search technology to help users find content within the site quickly.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Understand the Google Sites interface and how it is suited to host intranet, wiki, project management tools, and other small sites.
- Create and customize your site with themes and templates.
- Add and edit different types of pages that suit your project and business goals.
- Sync files that can be accessed from any device, on or offline.
- Incorporate apps, gadgets, and Google search within your site quickly to improve interactivity.
- Give other users access to edit and collaborate with you on the site.
- Share the site with members of your organization, individuals you select, or publicly across the internet.