Google Sites Advanced
This session is available as an online webinar (90-minute webinar) or on-site session at your organization. Please contact us to request scheduling.
Who should attend
This workshop is for those people who have a basic working knowledge of Google Sites but want to take the next steps in designing and developing a Google Site that will perfectly suit their content and goals. We’ll take a more in-depth look at advanced features including gadgets, eCommerce functionality, Analytics, and much more.
Here are some of the key topics and techniques that are covered
- Creating a Reusable Template: Build a unique template that can be stored and reused to save time.
- Adding Google Analytics Tracking: Quickly set up Google Analytics for your site to track traffic and user engagement.
- Sites for Project Management: Understand best practices for using Google Sites as a customized project management portal.
- Using Google Gadgets: Explore some of the easy to add plug-ins for Google Sites that will make your site more interactive.
- Adding eCommerce Functionality: Learn to use Google Sites as a storefront that can accept payments via PayPal or Google Checkout.
- Configuring your Domain to Use a Custom URL: The standard Google Sites URLs are typically long and hard to remember, but by changing some domain settings, a custom url can be set up.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Reuse templates to make the process of setting up future sites easier.
- Set up Google Analytics tracking.
- Create a well-designed project management portal.
- Add advanced Google Gadgets to make your site more dynamic.
- Accept payments on your Google Site.
- Use a custom URL for your site.