Intro to HTML5 Programming
This session is available as an online webinar (90-minute webinar) or on-site session at your organization. Please contact us to request scheduling.
Who should attend
This webinar is designed for professionals that are new to programming but would like to learn HTML skills to create and edit HTML content. The course will focus on HTML5, the latest version of the HTML specification, to ensure that the pages will be ready for the newest browsers. Programming is no longer just for people in your IT department - build your skills in this area to have more control over your web content.
This workshop is offered as public instructor-led webinars. It is also offered for corporate users in the form of corporate Webinars, and onsite training sessions.
Here are some of the key topics and techniques that are covered
- Intro to Web Programming: A brief tutorial of how websites work and are structured and how HTML pages fit into that context.
- HTML Document Structure: Exploring how an HTML page is put together.
- HTML Elements: Understanding how to use the main HTML elements to add text, images, links, entities, and more.
- HTML5 Semantic Markup: Understanding the importance of using new semantic elements in your document for accessibility and searchability.
- HTML5 Video and Audio: Adding video and audio elements to your page that will be compatible across mobile devices.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Understand how HTML tags work.
- Start to build your own HTML5 pages from scratch.
- Edit existing web pages that others have created.
- Modify web pages developed in previous versions of HTML to optimize for search engines, screen readers, and other content editors.
- Add video, audio, links, images, and other elements to your pages.