This session is available as an online webinar series (2 webinars) or on-site session at your organization.
Who should attend
This session is designed for all business professionals who struggle with and/or desire to increase their effectiveness at managing conflicts in the workplace. Conflict, while at times uncomfortable, cannot be avoided and in fact needs to be embraced in order to create powerful teams, innovative organizations, and strong overall business performance. By participating in this workshop, participants will understand the difference between functional and dysfunctional conflicts and develop personal insights and requisite skills to more successfully engage conflict going forward.
Key topics and takeaways
- Learn common causes of conflict and the difference between constructive and destructive conflicts.
- Understand the benefits of conflict to personal and organizational effectiveness.
- Identify the people, situations, and pitfalls that are a challenge for you.
- Gain insight into personal default conflict responses and how to better manage them.
- Understand the potential negative impact of destructive conflict on our thinking and reasoning abilities.
- Develop the ability to uncover the real reason underlying a conflict.
- Learn how to express disagreements tactfully.
- Learn how to use active listening to de-escalate an agitated person and the conflict.
- Learn how to facilitate a conflict so you can achieve an effective resolution.
About the presenter
Eugene Dilan, Psy.D., is the founder and president of Dilan Consulting, Inc. As a licensed psychologist, organizational consultant, and coach with over 25 years combined experience, he has provided direct clinical services, led health care facilities, and worked internationally, including in the war zones of Iraq and Afghanistan supporting senior executives in the defense, aerospace, IT, nuclear, and service industries. Eugene combines his knowledge of general and social psychology with his considerable corporate experience to help both large and small organizations achieve and maintain optimal performance by leveraging leadership to drive innovation. For more about Dr. Dilan and Dilan Consulting, please visit www.dilanconsulting.com.