Microsoft Visio Techniques—Beginner
This session is available as an online webinar (90-minute webinar) or on-site session at your organization. Please contact us to request scheduling.
Who should attend
This workshop is for professionals who have a basic familiarity with Microsoft Visio and want to expand their knowledge of key concepts. Microsoft Visio allows users to build, format, and export a wide range of diagrams, flowcharts, and calendars, and the course will train users on how to create clear, useful, and practical representations of data.
Here are some of the key topics and techniques that are covered
- Templates: Understanding the interface and the different types of diagram templates that Visio offers.
- Shapes & Connectors: Using the correct shapes and connectors to create a connected diagram in the Drawing Window.
- Formatting the Diagram: Making adjustments to the diagram with changes to alignment, color, text, theme, and Snap/Glue settings.
- Complete the Diagram: Saving and exporting your diagram in a variety of formats.
- Calendars: Working with the Calendar template to create a customized calendar that can be printed, exported, or shared.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Build a connected diagram using a variety of shapes and connectors.
- Change and customize formatting options to add visual interest to the diagram.
- Add hyperlinks, illustrations, and images to the diagram.
- Pan and zoom throughout your diagram to view areas of data more easily.
- Apply and define standard and custom themes to diagrams that change the color and effects of the diagram.
- Create, print, and export custom calendars.
About the presenter
Eve Porcello is the owner of Moon Highway, a web development company based in Tahoe City, CA. She works primarily as a web project manager and has deployed interactive web projects for clients such as Microsoft, 1-800-DENTIST, and ESSP Law. In addition, Eve has implemented a variety of time and task management solutions to help client organizations track and improve productivity.