Microsoft Visio Techniques—Intermediate
This session is available as an online webinar (90-minute webinar) or on-site session at your organization. Please contact us to request scheduling.
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at professionals who want to increase their Microsoft Visio data visualization skills to create more advanced charts and diagrams. The course will dig deeper into complex, hierarchical diagrams like brainstorming grids, organizational charts, and timelines. We will conclude with an overview of Microsoft Visio’s web diagramming tools including wireframes and sitemaps.
Here are some of the key topics and techniques that are covered
- Hierarchical Diagrams: Exploring the features of hierarchical diagrams and best practices for creating them.
- Brainstorming Grids: Understanding the structure and applications of brainstorming grids and how to create and edit them.
- Organizational Charts: Breaking down a company or organization into a chart that shows departments, teams, and relationships between employees.
- Timelines: Using Visio to organize project details into a timeline complete with dated milestones, deliverables, intervals, and stakeholders.
- Information Architecture: Utilizing Visio to create sitemap diagrams and wireframes that show the relationships between the pages that comprise a website.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Confidently create advanced, hierarchical diagrams.
- Understand the differences between the varieties of hierarchical diagrams and which is the right tool for the project.
- Build, manage, and export brainstorming grids.
- Create and link organizational chart elements.
- Design visual representations of website architecture and the relationships between site pages.