This session is available as an online webinar series (2 x 60-minute webinars) or an onsite session at your organization. Please contact us to request scheduling.
Who should attend?
This workshop is designed for all professionals who are looking for clarity on the next steps in their career. This session will provide you with a new framework for thinking about career advancement, and will help you articulate big picture goals and milestones for the next six months to one year.
Here are some of the key topics and techniques that are covered
- Learn a new framework for thinking about career development/advancement.
- Learn how to customize your career to meet your needs.
- Complete a passion mind-map and identify common themes.
- Identify what you want to be, do and have, as well as the impact or meaning you would like to create in the next six months to one year.
- Take an inventory of your current skills, experience and strengths, and identify how you would like to grow in each of those areas.
- Set 1-2 major personal or professional goals with a few key milestones for each (this workshop is complimented by the Professional Development Strategy template).
About the presenter
Jenny Blake is an author, blogger, life coach, Googler and yoga teacher. She has worked at Google for over five years in training, coaching & career development. Prior to Google and halfway through her junior year at UCLA, Jenny took a leave of absence to help launch a political polling start-up company with her college professor and mentor. She returned to finish at UCLA in the spring of 2005. The experience of leaving school before her friends inspired her to start a blog, LifeAfterCollege.org, which she has now translated into a book. Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want is a portable life coach for 20-somethings, filled with tips, quotes and coaching exercises to help people focus on the BIG picture of their lives…not just the details.