Microsoft Project Techniques
Who should attend?
This online workshop is for business users who want to get a better handle on their projects and achieve the desired project goals. It is ideal for first time users, and for those who have been using Project, but want to take their skills to the next level. In this workshop, users learn powerful techniques that can help them save significant time, while effectively planning their project tasks and resources, managing the internal and external demands they encounter, and communicating information at all levels. In addition, this workshop also provides managers with important business insights that can help them throughout their project planning, execution, and beyond.
How is this different from traditional classes?
The workshop is scenario based. It covers real-life situations that make business sense. Each scenario is carefully selected to introduce some key concepts and numerous tips and techniques. The scenario-based training provides important insights into how to use Project in new and innovative ways to support the business objectives. It introduces many of the features of Project in a natural way that is easy to grasp, and more likely to be retained and applied.
What will be covered?
- Creating tasks and establishing task relationships
- Identifying resources and assigning them to tasks
- Identifying the critical path of your project
- Using summary tasks and milestones to better track progress
- Using views and reports to stay up-to-date and communicate to others
- Managing resource calendars to accommodate different shifts and nonworking times
- Importing project data from Excel when necessary
- Defining task constraints to best represent actual project developments
- Performing resource leveling to handle resource shortages and conflicts
- Updating progress including percentage of completion or actual dates
- Using templates to make project management more efficient
What will you be able to do as a result?
- Plan your projects in Microsoft Project efficiently and effectively
- Identify potential problems and address them proactively
- Update your project plans and track progress as you start implementation
- Communicate and report to your team and your management
- Apply dozens of shortcuts and techniques in your everyday project management