This session is available as an online webinar (90-minute webinar) or on-site session at your organization.
Who should attend
This webinar is designed for professionals interested in learning more about UX design and building more advanced prototypes of websites and apps. With Axure, individuals without programming experience can create a prototype that mirrors the functionality of an actual website. Participants in the course will learn how to build and edit a prototype that can be approved by stakeholders before the costly development process begins.
Here are some of the key topics and techniques that are covered
- Overview: What exactly is Axure, and why is it important to wireframe a site before you start developing it?
- Start a Project: Creating a project and setting up the pages in a navigational structure.
- Wireframe Tools: Touring the interface and familiarizing the users with the tools and widgets in the software.
- Formatting Objects: Changing the properties of different objects including fonts, sizes, and positioning.
- States: Understanding what a state is and how to assign states to different objects within the prototype.
- Publish the Project: Exporting the files to formats that can be shared with others in your company.
What you will be able to do as a result
- Build a sitemap to organize the navigational structure of your website or application.
- Create and complete site pages with a thorough understanding of tools and widgets.
- Edit the properties of widgets to customize the look and feel of the prototype.
- Understand basic actions and how to configure the behavior of interactive buttons and other widgets.
- Present designs to managers, colleagues, and/or users in order to get feedback for future iterations of the project.
About the presenter
Eve Porcello is the owner of Moon Highway, a web development company based in Tahoe City, CA. She works primarily as a web project manager and has deployed interactive web projects for clients such as Microsoft, 1-800-DENTIST, and ESSP Law. In addition, Eve has implemented a variety of time and task management solutions to help client organizations track and improve productivity.