Who should attend?
This workshop is for business users who want to take their Microsoft Word skills to the next level. In this workshop, users learn powerful techniques that can help them save significant time, better manipulate and format documents, present information in a compelling way, and collaborate with others more effectively.
This workshop is offered for Microsoft Word users as public instructor-led webinars and Web self-paced classes. It is also offered for corporate users in the form of corporate Webinars, Web self-paced classes, and onsite training sessions.
How is this different from traditional classes?
The workshop is scenario based. It covers real-life situations that make business sense. Each scenario is carefully selected to introduce some key concepts and numerous tips and techniques. The scenario based training provides important insights into how to use Word in new and innovative ways to support the business objectives. It introduces many of the advanced features of Word in a natural way that is easy to grasp, and more likely to be retained and applied on a daily basis.
What will be covered?
This is a summary of the main concepts presented and the features covered:
1. Document manipulation and formatting: Ranging from dozens of navigation and formatting tips and shortcuts, to introducing the powerful concept of formatting styles, to working with headers and footers, and using bookmarks and hyperlinks.
2. Data presentation: Creating tables, charts, and diagrams from within Word, as well as importing them from other applications such as Excel. Using pictures and clip art. Automatically generating table of contents and indexes.
3. Collaboration: Enabling multiple users to review and edit documents. Sending documents for review. Merging changed documents. Tracking changes, reviewing changes, and accepting or rejecting changes.
4. Efficiency: Using templates and styles to reuse documents, and to set standards and ensure consistency. This includes shortcuts and tips that can be applied on a daily basis.
What will you be able to do as a result?
- Save significant time in creating and managing your documents
- Discover new ways in which you can use Word to help you achieve your objectives
- Manipulate and present your data to better serve your audiences
- Collaborate with others by sharing documents and tracking changes
- Apply dozens of shortcuts and techniques in your everyday work